THYROID AND PARATHYROID GLANDS SURGERY
Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands is performed by experienced surgeons specialised in endocrine gland procedures. In REA Hospital the most modern treatment methods are applied to treat conditions of the thyroid and parathyroid glands, enabling a sound oncological approach and an impeccable aesthetic result.
All procedures are carried out in the state-of-the-art facilities and operating theatres of REA Hospital. Operating room conditions and environment provide utmost safety both to the doctors and the patients. Hospital’s modern operating rooms are operated by specialised medical and nursing staff who have many years of experience.
The following procedures are performed in REA Hospital:
- Thyroidectomy: Minimally-invasive removal of the thyroid gland using neurostimulation to protect the recurrent laryngeal nerves.
- Thyroidectomy with central or extensive lymph node dissection: Personalised oncological surgery after paracentesis and cytological diagnosis, ultrasound imaging and cervical mapping.
- Parathyroidectomy for parathyroid adenoma: Microsurgical removal of parathyroid gland adenomas with intra-operative measurement of parathyroid hormone levels and fast biopsy.
- Parathyroidectomy for parathyroid hyperplasia
- Excision of thyroglossal duct cyst or branchial cleft cyst
- Cervical lymph node biopsy